2009: year in review
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I shook L.L. Cool J’s hand. The Ladies Love him for a reason.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, did you make new one for this year?
I don’t do New Year’s resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes – Beth and Crust. Welcome Ellen and Charlie! (NTS: Am I forgetting anyone?)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada for Alona’s wedding.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Confidence that my ability to have children will not expire before I get the chance.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting myself and my family through the loss of my Dad.
8. What was your biggest failure?
Underdeveloped romantic life.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Had the Swiney, but it wasn’t that bad.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
My new purple leather handbag.
11. Where did most of your money go?
Same as last year: living in
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Life after loss.
14. Compared to this time last year, are:
a) happier or sadder? Happier (finally getting normalcy back)
b) thinner or fatter? Same (Everyone asks me if I lost weight, though. I am chubbier in people’s memories. Don’t know how to feel about that.)
c) richer or poorer? Poorer (even more inflation)
15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Same as last year: dancing.
16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Same: giving energy to toxic people and situations.
17. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes, with Rufus!
18. What was your favorite TV program?
19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. But I still struggle to forgive those who hurt me and let me down.
20. What was the best book you read?
Am not a big book reader these days.
21. What did you want and get?
The world’s cutest dog! See item 17.
22. What did you want and not get?
See item 6.
23. What was your favorite film of this year?
24. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Stayed up at my parents’ house with my family and kept vigil. I was 34.
25. How you would describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
No dough for duds … find a few comfy cute things and wear them to death.
26. What kept you sane?
Friends, family, Yoga.
27. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Daniel Craig (I am loyal).
28. Who was the best new person you met?
Hard to single out one. I really like Andrew (Alona’s new hubby) and Alec (Ali’s hubby-to-be). Also
JoAnn. Technically I met these peeps in 2008, but I got to know them in 2009.
29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
“Friends show their love in times of trouble…” — Euripides (408 B.C.)
30. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
You are the sunshine of my life
That’s why I’ll always be around
You are the apple of my eye.
Forever you’ll stay in my heart.
1) laurs and i finally met in the flesh!