note to self: respond, don’t react
The premise of Judo:
“resisting a more powerful opponent will result in your defeat, whilst adjusting to and evading your opponent’s attack will cause him to lose his balance, his power will be reduced, and you will defeat him. This can apply whatever the relative values of power, thus making it possible for weaker opponents to beat significantly stronger ones.”
5 Ways to Respond Instead of React
1. Take a deep breath and tell yourself this is not a personal attack. It’s not about you.
2. Realize that what has happened has already happened, and you cannot change that fact. All you can do is move forward from this point.
3. Decide what your next steps or words will be in this situation. Don’t always rush to action or words. Haste makes waste … and confusion.
4. See if there is anything you need to do differently to avoid this in the future, or is there something you need to learn from this experience?
5. Act, release the occurrence to universe, and move on to the next!